Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why I Write About POTS: #HAWMC Day 4

Day 4 WEGO Health Challenge:
I write about my health because… Reflect on why you write about your health for 15-20 minutes without stopping.

The main goal of this blog was to create resources for patients and awareness for the public for POTS.  I had none when I was diagnosed, I don't want others to go through the same.  I write on my personal blog over at Bye Bye Bella Flora for therapeutic and personal reasons, but this site was created to help others, and by doing so it helps me as well.


In my pre-POTS days, I wrote for scientific publication as a marine biologist, and enjoy reading and researching, and hopefully sharing that info with others.  I have no desire to be profound or poetic, I like to link out to others that do that for me.  I don't normally post inspirational quotes like the one on the right.   I'm more science minded - and I want patients and families to have a place to find resources for dealing with everyday life: tools for dealing with family, friends, employers, DOCTORS, and medical professionals as a whole, because my journey has been a bit rocky with the MD's.  

I also have a passion for silliness, and the best way I've found to cope with this ridiculous disease is to make fun of it sometimes.   Laughter is how I have survived the last decade, and especially my nine months of confinement in the hospital, and now seven months at home with no outings.  This blog gives me purpose for now, at least I feel I'm trying to do something, instead of rotting in bed doing nothing. 

I've been a bit lax recently in posting new links and resources because of the new BIG project I'm helping found, and I can't wait to share more with everyone.  The next few years are going to be very exciting, and changes - they are a coming!  For the better.


Sending love and thoughts of upright posture.....
Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment