Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Great Video: Managing Orthostatic Intolerance/POTS/CFS by Dr. Rowe at Hopkins

Wanted to share this - it was posted on Dinet and I found it very informative.  There is a lot of research about the fatigue that accompanies POTS/Dysautonomia and the overlap with CFS, and according to research, people with POTS have more intense CFS (Chronic Fatigue) than those without.

On a personal note, Dr. Rowe was the only doctor to step up and recommend treatment for me while I was at Hopkins and pregnant, and consulted with my team that had no idea what to do for me, even though he is a pediatric doctor.  He personally responds to emails, even though he is so busy he is no longer taking new patients.




Here is the most recent paper published on the subject:

Clin Sci (Lond). 2012 Mar;122(5):227-38.

Increasing orthostatic stress impairs neurocognitive functioning in chronic fatigue syndrome with postural tachycardia syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment